PACE Fellow Coordinator Position (8 months contract, Salary negotiable)
Pacemaker International (PACE) is looking for a Fellow Coordinator to manage all elements of Fellows engagement with the organization and with those, they encounter including teachers, students and non-teaching school staff . The role involves assessing
school needs and meeting those needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of fellows. They report directly to the Regional Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
In program development, he/she will
1) Keep a clear record of the number of hours served by the fellows and track their
performance in schools.
2) Generate a detailed end of term reports for each school with PACE fellows and
deliver it to the school head teacher at the beginning of the next term.
3) Compiling timely school visit reports with accurate data on exam scores, extra-
curricular engagement, school improvement projects and learning outcomes supported by PACE
4) Partnership building and management of schools his or her portfolio.
5) Keeping record of recurrent issues in his/her area and as well as success or failure
of implemented solutions.
6) Implement innovation around teacher engagement.
7) Conduct placement and orientation of all fellows in partner schools in a timely
In Communications, he/she will:
1) Perform regular site visits to ensure that program activities and sites are
established and comply with the policies and regulations of PACE.
2) Collaborate with Teachers to perform orientations and raise awareness of the role
and function of the fellows within the school.
3) Communicating and creating a shared understanding of defined roles of fellows and
team leaders to teachers and school administration.
4) Communicate important program dates like trainings, learning trips to fellows and
school heads in a timely manner.
5) Offer advice and information to fellows and external organizations through face-to-
face, telephone and email contact.
6) Monitor and evaluate in school activities and write reports on volunteer-led
In Team Relations, he/she will:
1) Monitor, evaluate and accredit the fellows
2) Organize Fellow engagement activities as well as induction processes into the
3) Monitor, support and motivate fellows in their work.
4) Celebrate service by nominating fellows for awards and organizing celebration events.
The Fellow Coordinator will also manage a small budget and resources, including the
reimbursement of expenses with receipts for fellows and undertake administrative tasks as
Desired skills and abilities:
- Management skill
- Attention to detail
- Good writing and communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Critical thinking
- Good interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem solving and creativity
To apply, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
as “[Your name] - Fellow Coordinator Application”.
1. A cover letter detailing your reasons for applying (400 words)
2. A one page resume
3. An essay on how you would motivate fellows under your care during their fellowship and creative ways to keep young people focused on delivering on the organization’s mission. (700 words)
Send your application by Thursday 14th December 2018 at 4.00 p.m.