Title: Learning and Development Lead
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Country Director
Start date: Position available immediately
Application deadline: 4th November 2019
Our organization system already engages many young people and through our fellowship program and is seeking to engage 4,800 young leaders by the year 2030 to impact 240,000 primary school students.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the above named position. The learning and development Lead will be responsible for planning and organizing for our fellows learning needs throughout their fellowship to ensure that they are well equipped to engage productively with the communities in which they are going to be placed and beyond.
• Oversee and coordinate learning of fellows in Nairobi and Kisumu.
• Conducting biweekly training sessions for fellows and team leaders aimed at equipping them with the 21st century skills that are vital for their success at the fellowship and beyond.
• Setting learning goals for fellows at PACE, designing a learning program that meets those needs and ensuring there are metrics for evaluating success.
• Development of training content that allows fellows to achieve career and professional goals alongside PACE fellowship outcomes.
• Designing, distributing and analyzing training evaluations tools.
• Coordinating the Training of Trainers process and implementing it to develop other training staff into high quality facilitators.
• Oversee implementation of training programs across Nairobi and Kisumu to ensure high quality learning experiences for fellows.
• Organize training materials, venues and equipment.
• Compiling reports on attendance, facilitator quality and satisfaction of fellows with content and facilitation
➢ Experience in Curriculum development
➢ Proven track record of training facilitation especially with youth programs
➢ Strong knowledge on youth learning needs and 21st century skills
➢ Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
➢ Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
➢ Personality Profile: Resourceful, result oriented, proactive, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
➢ Strong management, planning and organization skills
To apply, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “[Your name] – Learning and Development Lead Application”.
✓ A cover letter detailing your reasons for applying and your qualifications (400 words)
✓ 1 page resume with relevant experience. Application closes on 4th November 2019.