BUSINESS AND FUNDRAISING MANAGER VACANCY.
Pacemaker International is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the above named position. The Business and fundraising manager will be responsible for raising money on behalf of Pacemaker International through Income generation activities and other fundraising opportunities. He/she responsible in delivering and implementation of workable ideas to hit the annual budgetary needs of the organization
- Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
- Build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
- Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organization’s work
- Writing proposals that could attract money, including applications for grants
- Evaluate different business sustainability ideas and prioritize based on feasibility
- Examine new opportunities in current and potential markets for PACE
- Develop business plans for IGAs
- Support the development and implementation of PACE IGAS, including a tutoring business.
- Conduct the administrative tasks involved in growing PACE IGAs
- Conduct Marketing for selected IGAs
- Develop Communication and sales Strategies for different IGAs and projects
- Account handling: ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme (such as a charity of the year partnership) and are kept informed of progress and milestones
- Relate the PACE roll out financial models to the operations reality of the business
- Report on the affairs of PACE projects monthly and ensure sound financial practices
- Ensure that all internal controls are applied, creating and following up on any recommendations that would improve different project operations
- Work with the Finance Committee in preparing a budget; see that the project operates within budget guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records for expenditure and income of IGAS
- Safeguard all PACE assets by maintaining official records and documents pertaining to different projects and ensuring compliance with local regulations.
- Develop working relationships with major suppliers and customers as appropriate.
- Review historic and projected cash flows from an operational and capital expenditure point of view
- Communicate projected capital funding requirements to PACE on a quarterly basis
- Determine the ongoing requirements regarding the repair and replacement of fixed assets
- Be aware of market trends regarding competition, products and customer requirements - action as required
- A bachelor’s degree in sales and marketing or other related field
- Adept at people management, building long-term relationships with potential donors
- Ability to manage budgets and hit fundraising targets
- An interest in, and commitment to, the cause the organization
- Proven experience as business manager or relevant role
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
- Prospecting Skills
- A minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising or sales and marketing
- Knowledge of the charity sector particularly the area of education and youth.
To apply, please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line as “[Your name] – Business and Fundraising manager Application”.
- A cover letter detailing your reasons for applying (400 words)
- 1 page resume with relevant experience.