Vacancy: Administrative Assistant Intern x2Vacancy-Administrative-Assistant-Interns
Title: Administrative Assistant Intern
Job Type: Graduate Internship
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Line Manager
Start date: Position available immediately
Application deadline: 20th July 2021
About Pacemaker International
PACEMAKER INTERNATIONAL (PACE) is a Kenya- based NGO that offers the youth a unique service experience where they can improve the quality of education in underserved public schools in rural and slum areas. We create win-win outcomes for our schools and volunteers by integrating multiple career and personal development training sessions into the rigorous school-based service experience. Our goal is to leverage the power and leadership of young people in Kenya to empower younger students to reach their full potential through academic support, mentorship and extracurricular activities. Our organization system already engages many young people and through our fellowship program is seeking to engage 4,800 young leaders by the year 2030 to impact 240,000 primary school students. For additional information please visit: www.pacemakerinternational.org
We are seeking 2 Administrative Assistant Interns to ensure smooth and timely delivery of various activities in our Nairobi office for a period of 3 months. The Administrative Assistant shall support the line Manager to ensure effective running of the office and programmes. This role interacts heavily with fellows, partners, and other stakeholders but no direct reports.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for programmes and projects (when undertaken), initiatives, and all other affiliated undertakings within an NGO environment.
- Assists assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries.
- Handle preparations, scheduling, logistics, and other various requirements for local and international travel.
- Drafts contracts, budgets, and donor reports with direction from line manager.
- Processes financial documents including contracts, requisitions, banking transactions, expense reports, invoices, etc.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Assists with the development of programme/project materials.
- Organizes meetings and events.
- Works with and maintains data management and filing for programmes/projects.
- Support other programmes/departments in administrative roles such as finance, program development, public information, dissemination, contact establishment etc.
- Liaises and communicates with programme consultants and field office staff, providing logistical and administrative support as directed.
- Conducts research and provides support to one or more staff members in regards to programmatic efforts.
- Manage Petty cash following stipulated guidelines and submit expenditure reports in full to the line Managers.
- May supervise students on attachment and volunteers.
- Observe and monitor support for all our communication outlets including postage, email, phone calls and online activities in direct supervision by the line manager and communications Officer.
- When called upon, conduct advance donor visits.
- Attend staff meetings and be involved in staff retreats arrangements.
- Any other duties as shall be assigned from time to time.
N/B: This post may require travel within the county of operation with the use of unconventional modes and sometimes walking. There is also an expectation of occasional ‘out of hours’ working, travel and external/internal events.
- Education: Bachelors dergree in Business Administration or higher.
- Any relevant experience in general office administration
- Excellent spoken English and good working knowledge of Kiswahili.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email and online platforms.
- PACE Alumni may be given first priority.
- Passion for PACE’s mission and values of Passion, Integrity, Volunteerism and Collaboration.
- Patient and meticulous.
- Morally sound and ethical in undertakings.
- Flexibility and willingness to take initiative.
- Quick learner and self-starter.
- Positive energy and attitude.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Enthusiastic, diplomatic and calm under pressure.
- High degree of honesty and dependability.
Interested candidates to send their application letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org